Where can Language Link provide services?
We send certified interpreters to your places of business all over the Tri-Cities Tennessee and Southwest Virginia areas.We work in all kinds of settings: medical, educational, vocational, social service, religious, fine arts, and community. We are available to go even farther for conferences and other long term assignments.
Why do I have to have an interpreter? Someone here took a sign language class before, or we could write back and forth. 
There is a big difference between someone who knows a few signs, and the experienced, certified interpreter from Language Link. The Americans with Disabilities Act  requires equal access into places of public accommodation such as hospitals, doctors' offices, stores, schools, and many others. Access for the Deaf often means offering the services that ensure effective communication. A qualified interpreter will work effectively and accurately, both expressively and receptively, with impartiality and a command of any necessary specialized vocabularies. This skill level comes only with training and experience. 
Why use a certified interpreter? 
Credentials from a national body like the Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf attest to a skill level that both the hearing and deaf consumer will be able to trust. Certified interpreters adhere to a Code of Ethics that requires confidentiality and professionalism.
 Proof of credentials can be provided upon request by contacting Language Link. Very rarely, a non-certified interpreter will work under the supervision of a certified interpreter, if this interpreter is requested and approved by the deaf consumer.
Are services free? 
Language Link charges fair prices for professional services delivered to your place of business. Our "house calls" include travel time to your place of business, the time involved in interpreting for the two parties who need to communicate, and most times, a small mileage charge.
Are there any tax credits available to offset the cost of these services?
Yes! Businesses with 30 or fewer employees OR with $1 million or less in gross receipts for the preceding tax year can get a credit on their federal returns by using the Disabled Access Credit on Form 8826. Businesses of any size can use a tax deduction if they remove barriers to communication access in their facilities. Ask your tax professional for more information, or visit the ADA Business connection at

Website Builder